Pinta 0.8 was released last week and seeing that its PPA still provides version 0.5, I've uploaded it to the WebUpd8 PPA. For some reason, even the Ubuntu 11.04 repositories haven't been updated since Pinta 0.6 so starting today I'll also be providing Natty packages for Pinta.
Pinta 0.8 is a bug-fix release and it's most probably the latest release before 1.0. Here's the changelog:
- "Crop to selection" can enlarge image
- Unable to select desired pixels
- Layer - Import from file - Exception
- After cropping transparent border appears at left and top site of image
- Pinta crashes at startup - Error reading file '/home/[user]/.recently-used.xbel': Invalid argument.
- Tool panel is too wide in Russian locale
- Opening more then one image at the time
- Text outline leaves behind marks when the outline size is reduced
- Ubuntu task bar icon is default window icon, not new pinta icon
- Screenshot does not work when no config
Add the WebUpd8 PPA and install Pinta 0.8 in Ubuntu 10.04, 10.10 and 11.04 using the commands below:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8 sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install pinta
I probably should have posted this on our new PPAs Status site (ppa.webupd8.org) but since this release solves some pretty important bugs, I thought you may want to know.