- everything is tested. Before writing an article, everything is tested as long as that's possible. Usually the tests are made on the current Ubuntu version, but sometimes multiple Ubuntu versions or multiple Linux distributions are used for testing. This includes the fixes and tweaks posted as well as the applications / packages we write about or we host in our PPAs. Of course, because of different hardware or different package versions, not everything might work for everyone, but if something doesn't work, post a comment and we'll try to see what's wrong and how it can be fixed (if possible);
- PPAs managed by WebUpd8. To make it easier for the readers to install various applications that aren't available in the official Ubuntu repositories (or for which the version available in the Ubuntu repositories is too old), WebUpd8 maintains some PPAs (personal package archives). The packages in the WebUpd8 PPAs are always tested and are usually well packaged, unlike packages available in many PPAs available on Launchpad. Check out a list of packages and PPAs maintained by WebUpd8, HERE;
- tips, tricks and tweaks you won't find anywhere else. We sometimes quote other websites, but we always try to add some extra information and/or present it from a different perspective (and we always give credits to the website we quote). We also write many articles that include tips, tricks, tweaks, fixes or how-to's you won't find anywhere else (unless some content scraper copies it obviously :) ).
- Dell XPS 17 L702X - 17'', 1920x1080 resolution laptop (product linked is not identical to mine) with:
- CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM @ 2.20GHz
- RAM: 16 (2x8) GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz (Kingston)
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M 3GB with Optimus technology and Intel(R) Sandybridge Mobile - 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller
- Network: Centrino Wireless-N 1030 and RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller
- HDD: Seagate ST9750420AS 750GB @ 7200 rpm
- SSD: KINGSTON SVP200S 120 GB
- DVD+-RW GT50N
- Monitor (second screen): Samsung SyncMaster T24B350 23.5'' @ 1920x1080 (with Digital TV Tuner)
- Extra: Laptop Cooling Pad with Three Configurable 80mm Fans Cooler Master NotePal U3, Logitech Wireless Mouse M525
Please note that I get a lot of emails and I may not be able to answer all of them.