Just 3 days ago we were telling you that Shotwell (a photo manager for the GNOME desktop) 0.5 will be released soon and now Shotwell 0.5 is available for download.
Shotwell 0.5 new features:
- Photos can be tagged and organized by tag, creating a new tool for managing your photo collection
- Photos can be published to Google's Picasa Web Albums service
- Photo exposure date and time can be set and shifted
- Photos can be set as your desktop background directly from Shotwell
- Photo import runs in the background, making imports smoother and more fluid
- Publishing photos to web services is more responsive
- New or updated language support for French, Italian, German, Simplified Chinese, Bulgarian, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Polish, and Portuguese.
- Other stability and performance improvements
That makes Shotwell the only Gnome photo manager which supports exporting photos to all of the 3 services: PicasaWeb, Flickr and Facebook.
To install Shotwell 0.5 final in Ubuntu (Karmic or Lucid), add the following PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yorba/ppa
And then install Shotwell 0.5:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install shotwell
If you don't use Ubuntu, download Shotwell 0.5 from it's webpage (packages available for Fedora, Windows (alpha) and source files).