Blood Frontier v0.85 Beta 2 Released [Open Source Single And Multi Player FPS Game For Windows, Linux and Mac OS X]
Blood Frontier v0.85 Beta 2 was released a few days ago. This new version totally redefines and improves the game in many ways, creating a whole new style that makes it almost nothing like its predecessor.
New improvements include:
- Enhancements to the impulsing (double jump) system; sprint for more speed, run along walls, or kick off them.
- Fun new secondary fire modes for all weapons; stick grenades to walls, or liquefy your enemies with a big blue ball of death.
- New and improved maps from the community; enjoy a wider range of playing environments and settings.
- Refined and increased HUD visibility; always know what’s happening and what you’re looking at.
- More variables than ever; tailor gameplay to your tastes with more options than you could ever play with.
- Story mode concept; take the precursor to coop campaigns out for a spin with bots or online.
- Refinements and polish; gameplay flows easier, visual elements look better.
In case you don't know, Blood Frontier is a Free and Open Source single-player and multi-player first-person shooter game for Windows, Linux/BSD, Mac OSX:
Built as a total conversion of Cube Engine 2, which lends itself toward a balanced gameplay, completely at the control of map makers, while maintaining a general theme of tactics and low gravity. In a true open source "by the people for the people" nature, it tries to work closely with the gaming and open source communities to provide a better overall experience, taking all sorts of feedback from your average player, to your seasoned developer, aiming to create a story-driven game environment that is flexible, fun, easy to use, and pleasing to the eye.
Download Blood Frontier v0.85 Beta 2 | Ubuntu users can get it via PlayDeb.net.