The game uses SDL and OpenGL which allows it to be ported to many platforms, therefore it works on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
The game is still in it's first Beta, therefore you must not expect any graphical wonders from it. Visuals are sufficient, but not mind-blowing. Our main point of interest is – especially in this phase – gameplay.
Although there’s still a long way ahead, Blood Frontier has great ambition. The experience available today is just a fraction of the total envisioned picture. In the future, Blood Frontier has also planned on deepening out other playing modes, as well as a complete single-player campaign.
Blood Frontier Features:
- Unique, original, and fun gameplay, storyline, theme, artwork, and content. Pushing the boundaries of open source first person gaming.
- More configurable, providing an extensive range of world variables for mappers and game variables for players/admin to control every aspect.
- Play plain ol' deathmatch, instagib, ctf, duel, lms, or use the select range of mutators and myriad of variables to create your own.
- Item domination and dropping, fight for your lives over a great range of weapons, each with its own distinct personality, pros, and cons.
- Strong artificial intelligence (A.I. or "Bots") capable of participating within all modes of its deathmatch environment, even online.
- Improved editing displays and capabilities, with automatic map package creation and online transfers completely transparent to the user.
- Enhanced engine systems, with extra goodies like stereoscopic or anaglyph view modes, and unique mouse settings.
In the distant future, humanity has spread throughout the solar system, to Mars and beyond. A vast communications network bridges from colony to colony, human to machine, and machine to human. This seemingly benign keystone of modern inter-planetary society, however, appears to be the carrier of a mysterious techno-biological plague. Any persons so-connected seem to fall ill and die, only to return as ravenous, sub-human cannibals. You, a machine intelligence, an android, remain unafflicted by this strange phenomenon and have been tasked with destroying the growing hordes of the infected, while, hopefully, locating and stopping the source of the epidemic.
Available is also an artificial intelligence (A.I. or "Bots") capable of participating within all modes of its deathmatch environment, even online.
The developers have made game environments extraordinarily flexible – and plan on keeping to do so in future releases. Map-makers have the ability to tweak game-settings (e.g. player vulnerability) to the finest detail, to create a unique experience in every map.
Screenshots and video
Download Blood Frontier:
Windows, Linux/BSD or Mac OSX