After a year of development, Clementine 1.3.0 was released recently, bringing Vk.com and Seafile support along with various other improvements and bug fixes.
Clementine is a Qt music player inspired by Amarok 1.4, available for Linux, Windows and Mac OS X. The app features smart and dynamic playlists, CUE sheet support, podcasts (discover and download) support, it can transcode music into mp3, flac, etc. and much more.
Also, the application integrates a multitude of online services. Using Clementine, you can listen to Spotify, Soundcloud, Jamendo, Icecast, Magnatune and even play your music from Box, Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive. Other online features include lyrics and artist info and an option to import missing tags from MusicBrainz.
Changes in Clementine 1.3.0:
- Vk.com support;
- Seafile support;
- Ampache compatibility (through Subsonic service);
- new "Rainbow Dash" analyzer;
- new "Psychedelic Colour" mode added to all analyzers;
- added support for m4b non-drm files;
- multiple Spotify improvements, including the ability to pause Spotify tracks, improved handling of Spotify Top Tracks and more;
- added HipHop and Kuduro equalizers;
- remember current playlist between restarts;
- IDv3 tag lyrics support;
- added option to change the time step when seeking using the keyboard
- added "Smart Playlists" for Subsonic;
- new lyrics services: AZLyrics, bollywoodlyrics.com, hindilyrics.net, lololyrics.com, Musixmatch, Tekstowo.pl;
- updated to GStreamer 1.0;
- added AppData file for Clementine (for GNOME and KDE Software Centers);
- Ubuntu One, Discogs, Grooveshark and Radio GFM were removed;
- various improvements and and fixes.
For a complete changelog, see THIS page.
Install Clementine 1.3.0 in Ubuntu or Linux Mint
To install the latest Clementine in Ubuntu 14.04, 15.04, 15.10 or 16.04 / Linux Mint 17.x and derivatives, you can use its official stable PPA. Add the PPA and install Clementine using the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:me-davidsansome/clementine sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install clementine
If you encounter bugs, report them @ GitHub.