Flacon is a Qt tool which can be used to extract individual tracks from audio CD images which contain an entire album, such as WavPack, APE, FLAC, WAV or True Audio, based on the information provided in the CUE file.
The application provides output format-specific settings: you can set the output quality, compression and so on as well as ReplayGain, either per album or per track.
Another useful Flacon feature is its ability to tag the resulting tracks, either based on the information provided in the CUE file or manually.
Complete Flacon feature list:
- supports the following input formats: WAV, FLAC, APE, WavPack, True Audio (TTA).
- supported output formats: LAC, WAV, WavPack, AAC, OGG, MP3 and Opus (with the latest Flacon 1.2.0) with preset and quality settings, etc.;
- replay Gain analysis (album-gain and track-gain modes);
- multi-threaded conversion process;
- automatic character set detection for CUE files;
- automatially tag resulting track files;
Flacon 1.2.0, released recently, brings Qt5 support along with Opus output support. However, please note that the packages available in the official Flacon PPA are still built with Qt4.
Install Flacon in Ubuntu or Linux Mint
To install Flacon in Ubuntu or Linux Mint, you can use its official PPA. To add the PPA and install the application, use the following commands:
For other Linux distributions, see the Flacon downloads page.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:flacon/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install flacon
Report any bugs you may find @ GitHub.