qBittorrent 3.2.0 was released recently and it includes numerous changes such as support for Qt5, rewritten WebUI code, episode filtering for RSS, per tracker re-announce and much more.
qBittorrent is a BitTorrent client that aims to provide a free software alternative to μTorrent, available for Linux, Windows, Mac OS X and FreeBSD.
The application comes with an integrated search engine, web interface, sequential download support, bandwidth scheduler, advanced RSS support with download filters, torrent creation tool, IP filtering and other useful features.
Changes in qBittorrent 3.2.0:
- qBittorrent can now be built using Qt5;
- WebUI code rewritten, refactored and improved;
- support per tracker re-announce (needs libtorrent 1.0);
- episode filtering for RSS;
- support saving in network locations;
- highlight files when opening containing folder on Windows and Linux (Nautilus, Dolphin and Konqueror);
- added option to hibernate computer in Auto-Shutdown menu;
- cache preferences in memory. This minimizes the chance of settings corruption;
- added option to disable connections not supported by proxies;
- added a save resume data interval option(useful for SSD);
- Added new columns: "Last Seen Complete", "Last Activity" and "Total Size";
- added setting to ignore RSS rule matches for X days;
- show the reason why a peer was blocked (needs libtorrent 1.0);
- allow to set text options for the toolbar icons;
- `Add New Torrent` dialog has a button for quickly choosing a location;
- implemented tracker list in the side panel;
- implemented a 'Completed' status;
- columns for session-based download and upload statistics;
- code optimizations resulting in a more CPU efficient and snappier qBittorrent.
The complete qBittorrent 3.2.0 changelog is huge - for a complete list, see THIS page.
With this release, qBittorrent no longer supports Qt versions older than 4.8.0 and libtorrent 0.15.x. Because Ubuntu 12.04 has libtorrent-rasterbar 0.15.10, the official qBittorrent PPA doesn't provide packages for this Ubuntu version.
Also, it's important to mention that the packages available in the official qBittorrent Ubuntu PPA are built with Qt4 for now.
Ubuntu 15.04, 14.10 and 14.04 / Linux Mint 17.1 and 17 users can install the latest qBittorrent by using its official stable PPA. Add the PPA and install the app using the following commands:
If you encounter bugs, report them @ GitHub.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install qbittorrent