KrISS Feed is a simple feed reader you can install on your web server. Like Tiny Tiny RSS, this is a web application so you can access it from any computer or mobile device that has an Internet connection, using only a web browser.
KrISS Feed features:
- fast and easy to install;
- doesn't require SQL / databases;
- highly customizable: change its look via CSS (12 styles are available to download from its website but you can also create your own styles), customize the menu, paging, etc.;
- public/protected/private visibility;
- list or expanded view;
- keyboard shortcuts;
- OPML import/export;
- mobile support using responsive web design;
- easily share links with Shaarli;
- auto mark as read when going to next item;
- star items;
- order by newer or older items;
- show unread or all items;
Also, version 8 (released yesterday) has added plugins support, but there are no plugins available yet as far as I know.
You can see an online KrISS Feed demo @ http://tontof.net/feed/
Here are a few more screenshots with KrISS Feed using custom styles (available to download from its homepage):
Install KrISS Feed
Before proceeding, make sure your web server runs PHP 5.2 or newer. KrISS Feed requires php-xml, php-mbstring and php5-curl. In Ubuntu, the first two are included in the libapache2-mod-php5 package.
1. Install the KrISS Feed dependencies in Ubuntu using the following commands:
sudo apt-get install libapache2-mod-php5 php5-curl
2. Then, download and install KrISS Feed by using the commands below:
wget https://raw.github.com/tontof/kriss_feed/master/index.php -O /tmp/index.php sudo mkdir /var/www/kriss sudo cp /tmp/index.php /var/www/kriss/ sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/kriss/
3. Visit http://YOURSERVER/kriss (or http://localhost/kriss if you've installed it locally), enter the username and password desired for KrISS Feed and click "Install Kriss feed":
The web application should now be installed on your server.
The first time you login you'll be promted to import an OPML file (exported for instance from Google Reader) - if you don't want to do this for now, click Cancel. Later on you can import an OPML file ia the KrISS Feed configuration pane.
If you want to install new styles, download them from HERE and copy the user.css file to /var/www/kriss/inc/
For more information, see the KrISS Feed homepage and its GitHub page.