The thirteenth alpha version of 0 A.D. has been released yesterday, bringing a new civilization: Mauryan Indian, new songs, AI improvements and more. 0 A.D. is an open source, historical real-time strategy game developed by Wildfire Games, that can be played on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
Changes in 0 A.D. Alpha 13 "Magadha":
- new Mauryan Indian civilization which includes new units and buildings which reflect the culture's original architectural style;
- Aegis bot (the default AI) has been greatly improved in all areas: defending, attacking or building a strong economy;
- attack/move command: when using Ctrl + right click to move units to a location, they will go to that location and stop to attack enemies they meet on the way;
- the building preview now always shows the precise final variation that will be built;
- when buildings can't be placed somewhere, helpful messages are displayed now;
- 6 new songs have been added;
- new and improved animal sounds for lions, tigers and bears;
- user mod support - see the modding guide for more info;
Below you can watch a video with the new features in 0 A.D. alpha 13:
(direct video link)
If you can contribute to 0 A.D. (programming, art, sound, documentation and more), see the programmers getting started page and join #0ad-dev on QuakeNet on IRC.
Install 0 A.D. game in Ubuntu
Ubuntu users can install the latest 0 A.D. by using its official PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wfg/0ad sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install 0ad
Download 0 A.D. for other Linux distributions, Windows or Mac OSX.