Quick update for Ubuntu 13.04 users: Leolik has updated the patched / configurable NotifyOSD that he maintains, to work with Ubuntu 13.04.
The patched NotifyOSD adds the following features to Ubuntu's notification bubbles (all are optional):
- close on click: the notifications can be configured to close when clicked on;
- themes support: change color, width, height, font size, opacity, icon size and more;
- working timeout option ("-t");
- change the notification position: top-right, middle-right, bottom-right, bottom-left, middle-left and top-left corners;
- prevent the notification bubbles from fading out when the mouse pointer hovers over them.
If you want to see the patched NotifyOSD in action, check out the video below (it's an old screencast recorded in Ubuntu 12.04, but the notifications and the configuration tool are the same in Ubuntu 12.10 or 13.04):
(direct video link)
Since we've already covered this, and the installation and configuration instructions are the same, visit our previous patched NotifyOSD article for how to install and configure it.
As usual, thanks to Sukochev Roman (Leolik) for maintaining the patched NotifyOSD PPA.