Ater two years and a half, a new Cube 2 Sauerbraten version has been released: 2013-01-04 "Collect Edition", which brings new maps, new game modes: "collect", "insta collect", and "efficiency collect" and other interesting changes.
Cube 2: Sauerbraten is a first-person shooter that runs on Linux, Windows and mac OSX which features both single-player and multi-player game modes (LAN, local, online play).
New features / changes in the latest Cube 2: Sauerbraten 2013-01-04 "Collect Edition":
- added "collect", "insta collect", and "efficiency collect" game modes;
- many new maps;
- new weapon sounds;
- added support for directional sunlight for lightmaps;
- added support for up to 4 types of water, lava, and glass materials;
- now uses GLSL as the default rendering path when available;
- added auto-update and auto-sort options to the server browser;
- added snow particles;
- many other changes.
Below you can watch the latest Cube 2: Sauerbraten "Collect Edition" in action:
(direct video link)
Download Cube 2: Sauerbraten (available for Linux, Windows and Mac OSX).
Note for Ubuntu users: to be able to run the game, install the following dependencies:
sudo apt-get install libsdl-mixer1.2 libsdl-image1.2
Then, download and extract the game and simply run the "sauerbraten_unix" executable script inside the game folder (I've tested it on Ubuntu 12.10 64bit).