Rhythmbox 2.98 has been released yesterday, bringing a new dialog for importing music into the library along with some other small, but interesting changes and many bug fixes.
Improvements in Rhythmbox 2.98:
- New dialog for importing music into the library
- New audio CD metadata lookup library, replacing libmusicbrainz
- Improved transitions between album art images
- Nautilus cluebar buttons now result in the right source being selected
- Update notification buttons when playback state changes
- Grilo plugin ported to grilo 0.2 API
- Search musicbrainz for album art by album and artist name
- Love/ban buttons visible in last.fm/libre.fm sources
Here's the new dialog for importing music:
Install Rhythmbox 2.98 in Ubuntu
The latest Rhythmbox 2.98 is available in our Rhythmbox PPA, for Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal. Add the PPA and install Rhythmbox using the commands below:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/rhythmbox sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install rhythmbox
Update: I've had to downgrade Rhythmbox from the WebUpd8 Rhythmbox PPA to version 2.97 for Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin because there's a bug which causes some Python plugins to crash Rhythmbox. This bug won't be fixed for Ubuntu 12.04 so this is the best solution right now. However, luckily, the bug doesn't occur in newer Ubuntu versions like Ubuntu 12.10.
And a note: the plugins available in the third-party Rhythmbox plugins PPA, should work just fine with the latest Rhythmbox 2.98.