OpenShot, a popular Linux video editor, has reached version 1.4.3 today, the new version bringing new effects, 3D animations, transitions, a new dark theme and more.
New features in OpenShot 1.4.3:
- New 3D animations: Realistic Earth, Exploding Text, Dissolving Text
- New effects: Sharpness, Vignette, Lens Correction, more (10+)
- New transitions: 6 bars, boxes
- New dark theme
- Improved Timeline Snapping for Transitions
- Improved Drag & Drop features
- Apply Effects to Tracks
- Adjust Speed of Animated Titles
- Lots of bug fixes
Below you can watch a video created using OpenShot 1.4.3, by its developer:
(direct video link)
Install OpenShot 1.4.3 in Ubuntu
The latest OpenShot 1.4.3 is available in its stable PPA, for Ubuntu Quantal, Precise, Oneiric, Natty and Lucid. Add the PPA and install it using the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:openshot.developers/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install openshot frei0r-plugins
With OpenShot 1.4.3, you'll also need Blender 2.6.2 (or newer) for getting the animated 3D titles to work. In Ubuntu versions older than 12.04, you can use THIS PPA, or follow the instructions available HERE.
For other Linux distributions, see the OpenShot downloads page.