gThumb is an image organizer/viewer that can export images to PicasaWeb, Facebook, Flickr or Photobucket, comes with some basic image editing features such as cropping, resizing, rotation, image enhancing, has video support, can import images from digital camera and many other cool features.
gThumb 3.0.2, which has been released yesterday fixes some annoying bugs, like the broken video thumbnails.
Other fixes included in gThumb 3.0.2:
- Fixed fullscreen toolbars with multiple monitors
- Fixed error when rotating keeping the original size
- Photobucket exporter: fixed crash when closing the dialog
- Delete key does nothing when image first opened
- Picasa Web exporter: images not displayed in the export dialog
- Fix parallel build problems with enum generation
Install gThumb 3.0.2 in Ubuntu 12.04 or 11.10
The Ubuntu 12.04 repositories provide gThumb 2.14.3 while the Ubuntu 11.10 repositories have gThumb 2.13.1, but you can upgrade to the latest gThumb 3.0.2 which uses GTK3 in Ubuntu 12.04 or 11.10 using the gThumb WebUpd8 PPA (packages also available in the main WebUpd8 PPA):
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/gthumb sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install gthumb