Y PPA Manager is a tool for easily searching for packages in Ubuntu PPAs as well as perform various PPA actions: add, remove, purge, backup PPAs and more. The application integrates with Unity by using quicklists and an optional appindicator.
Today I'm releasing Y PPA Manager 0.0.8.7 which brings some bug fixes as well as a new feature: update-ppa, which can be used to update a single PPA source and not all software sources, useful for those with limited internet connectivity. It's like running "apt-get update", but for a single PPA, not all.
Here's an example - using update-ppa to update the main WebUpd8 PPA:
This feature was added by WebUpd8 reader Satya (thank you!).
sudo update-ppa ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
Complete changelog for the latest Y PPA Manager 0.0.8.7:
- added "update-ppa" which can update a single PPA source and not all software sources, useful for those with limited internet connectivity. Usage example: sudo update-ppa ppa:webupd8team/y-ppa-manager (thanks Satya)
- when adding a PPA, the new "update-ppa" is used automatically so only that PPA source is updated, not all software sources
- added man pages (thanks Satya)
- automatically support newer Ubuntu versions (so this means the new version works on Ubuntu Quantal now)
- fixed a bug that was occuring on Linux Mint 13, causing the default version to be set as blank
- Scan for duplicate sources files now displays the number of duplicates found
- the PPA backup feature now backs up / restores repositories keys too (launchpad-getkeys was and is still used to automatically fetch missing keys)
- other minor fixes
To install Y PPA Manager in Ubuntu (supported versions: from Lucid to Quantal) or Linux Mint, use the commands below:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/y-ppa-manager sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install y-ppa-manager
If you find bugs, report them @ Launchpad.