Emesene, a chat application that supports MSN, Gtalk, Facebook chat and Jabber has reached version 2.12.5, getting a tabbed, single-window UI, direct-connect for file transfers and more.
The latest Emesene 2.12.5 has got full GTK3 support, but due to some bugs in the pygobject package available in the Ubuntu repositories, it still uses GTK2 by default. But there are some nice new features in the latest version:
- Single-window mode like Skype-NG: both the conversation and the main windows are embedded in a single window (this can be changed from the Emesene preferences)
- Direct-connect for file transfers
- Multiple-points-of-presence with msn: connect everywhere and manage all your endpoints
- SleekXMPP is now the default library for gtalk, facebook and other xmpp services
- You can open mail in your desktop client
To install Emesene 2.12.5 in Ubuntu 11.10, 12.04 or 12.10, use the commands below:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:emesene-team/emesene-stable sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install emesene
For other Linux distributions, Windows or Mac OSX, see the Emesene download page.
Report any issues you may find @ Github.
via Emesene blog