Wildfire Games has released the tenth alpha version of 0 A.D., an open source, historical real-time strategy game which features excellent graphics and sound. The new alpha brings Hellenic factions, basic technologies, civilization phases, click-and-drag wall building functionality, healing and more.
Improvements in 0 A.D. alpha 10 "Jhelum":
- Hellenic factions: Athenians, Macedonians and Spartans
- Healing: a priest can now heal units
- New models/artwork: Roman Siege Walls, Iberian Special Building, Temple and Fortress, more
- 9 new maps
- Technologies: economic or military bonuses that can be researched
- Civilization phases: start with Village, then upgrade to Town and City
- Click and drag wall building functionality
- Many other improvements and bug fixes
You can see the new features available in the latest 0 A.D. alpha 10 in the video below:
(direct video link)
0 A.D. is missing some features like a multiplayer matchmaking service, campaigns or settings and more. If you want to help implement some of these features, help with existing ones or in any other way (web design, sound, etc.), check out THIS forum post.
Download 0 A.D.
Ubuntu 12.04, 11.10, 11.04, 10.10 and 10.04 users can install 0 A.D. using a PPA:
The packages in the stable PPA above are a bit old, but should be updated soon. Alternatively, you can use a PPA that provides weekly 0 A.D. development snapshots.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wfg/0ad sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install 0ad
Download 0 A.D. - available for Windows, Linux and Mac OSX.