Fedora Utils is a tool to tweak Fedora and easily install packages which are not available in the main Fedora repositories.
Since our last Fedora Utils post, there have been quite a few changes, including support for the latest Fedora 17 and many bug fixes. Also, Fedora Utils now supports plugins so everyone can write one. Other new features include options to install TeamViewer, Arista Transcoder or Cinnamon, support for Fedora remixes and more.
Fedora Utils features:
- Add current user to sudoers
- Enable autologin for current user
- Set yum to keep cache
- Install yum tidy-cache plugin
- Add third-party repositories
- Enable touchpad clicks
- Install multimedia codecs
- Install Adobe Flash
- Install Oracle Java 7 (JDK)
- Install wine with gecko
- Add colors and fortune messages to Terminal
- Set SELinux in permissive mode
- Install Microsoft fonts
- Install Jockey driver installer (From Parsidora repo)
- Install essential and many additional software
- Fix various problems
- Clean up system
- Block unwanted websites
- Optimize boot by turning off unnecessary services
- Show system info
- Extensible with plugins
To install Fedora Utils, use the command below:
su -c "curl http://master.dl.sourceforge.net/project/fedorautils/fedorautils.repo -o /etc/yum.repos.d/fedorautils.repo && yum install fedorautils"
If you'd like to contribute, you can find Fedora Utils @ GitHub.