Xnoise, a simple and fast media player for Linux, has reached version 0.2.0, getting a refreshed layout, support for dockable media sources, a redone application button and more.
Changes in Xnoise 0.2.0:
- support for dockable media sources (Categories: Playlists, Media Collection, Stores)
- automatic thumbnail generation for videos
- onboard dbus service (not bound to mpris)
- redone application button for compact layout
- new azlyrics plugin
- refreshed Xnoise layout
- merge cyclic-save-state plugin into Xnoise
- added possibility to name streams on import
- added keybinding for increasing/decreasing playback volume
- options to show track in file manager or trash it
- suport for tag embedded images
- optimizations and bug fixes
Xnoise can play both audio and video files, it supports ID3 tag editing, state restore, lyrics fetching, automatic cover art downloading and comes with plugins such as MPRIS v1/2 (Ubuntu Sound Menu support), media keys, last.fm integration and more.
Install Xnoise in Ubuntu
To add the Xnoise PPA and install the latest Xnoise 0.2.0 in Ubuntu 12.04 or 11.10, use the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:shkn/xnoise sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install xnoise
The PPA also has packages for Ubuntu 11.04 and 10.10, but they haven't been updated to the latest version.
Arch Linux users can install Xnoise via AUR (not yet updated to 0.2.0).
For other Linux distributions, download the Xnoise source via GitHub.