gThumb is an image viewer and organizer that includes some basic image editing features like rotation, resizing and cropping, image enhancing and more, and alsso, it can export your images to websites such as Picasa Web, Facebook, Flickr, Photobucket or as a web album.
gThumb 3.0.0 has been released recently with GTK 3 support as well as some new features:
- High quality zoom for SVG images
- Added 'selections' as a more powerful way to select files. Selections aresimilar to catalogs but their content is lost after closing the application. Use Alt-n to add files to selection n, and Control-n to view selection n, for n in the 1..3 interval
- Added a tool to import the embedded metadata in the gThumb comment system
- Make the 'shrink wrap' command work for the video viewer as well
- Image viewer: implemented the checked transparency
- Hide/show the file properties pane
- Allow to change the position of the file properties in browser mode
- Many other minor new features and bug fixes
Install gThumb 3.0.0 in Ubuntu
As usual, the latest gThumb is available in our gThumb PPA for Ubuntu 11.10 and 12.04. Add the PPA and install gThumb 3.0.0 using the commands below:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/gthumb sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install gthumb
For other Linux distributions, you can download the gThumb 3.0.0 source from HERE.