Minutube, a simple application which you can use to download and play YouTube videos without Flash, has reached version 1.7.
Among the most important changes in Minitube 1.7 are:
- Clickable usernames in the playlist (so you can see more videos from a certain user/channel)
- "Manually start playing" option
- "Stop after this video" option
- Window "Float on Top" option
- Ability to skip to the previous video
The new version also supports passing an YouTube URL or even a search query via command line which means you can for instance create an Unity lens that opens videos in Minitube (like the one for VLC), browser extensions, etc.
The latest Minitube 1.7 is available in the main WebUpd8 PPA so to install it in Ubuntu, use the commands below:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8 sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install minitube
To download pre-compiled 32bit Linux binaries or get the Windows or Mac OSX builds, see the Minitube download page.