0 A.D., a historical real-time strategy game, has reached alpha 8. The new version brings a new civilization: Persian and also, single-player games can finally be saved / restored.
Here are the most important new features in the latest 0 A.D. Alpha 8 "Haxāmaniš":
- a new civilization: Persian, which includes a new building set and new units
- Bartering system: buy and sell resources in exchange for other resources
- single-player games can be saved and restored
- reconnect feature for the multiplayer game: you no longer have to abandon the game if you are disconnected during a multiplayer game
- 45° Field of View
- new music tracks
- new map: Zagros Mountains
Also, the AI and overall game performance were improved. For a complete changelog, see the official announcement.
Here are a couple of videos presenting the new features in 0 A.D. Alpha 8:
Install 0 A.D. in Ubuntu
To add the 0 A.D. stable PPA (well, as stable as it can be for an alpha release) and install it in Ubuntu 12.04, 11.10, 11.04 and 10.04, use the commands below:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wfg/0ad sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install 0ad
There's also a 0 A.D. development PPA if you want to get faster updates.
For other Linux distributions, Windows and Mac OSX, see the 0 A.D. download section.
info / screenshot via wildfiregames.com