Bluefish, an amazing cross-platform text editor, has reached version 2.2.0, finally getting GTK 3 support.
Other changes in Bluefish 2.2.0:
- redesigned search and replace function which now supports search and replace in files on disk
- a lot faster syntax scanner
- the search is integrated into the main window
- context-aware toggle comment function
- autocompletion of user-defined functions
- jump function that immediately brings you to the definition function
- support for new languages such as Google Go, Vala and Ada
Install Bluefish 2.2.0
Bluefish doesn't have an official PPA, but if you don't want to build it from source in Ubuntu, you can use an unofficial one such as Klaus Vormweg's PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:klaus-vormweg/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install bluefish
For Fedora, Mac and Windows, you can download binaries from HERE. More mirrors / source code @ Bluefish download page.