Silicon Empire is a new tool written in Qt to burn and manager optical disks like CDs, DVDs and Blu-Rays.
Please note that because I do not have a CD/DVD-ROM, I can't test the actual "burning" feature!
Silicon uses Cdrtools and lets you copy or burn a data disk, mount images or erase DVDs but it doesn't let you create an audio CD for now even though (oddly) it comes with a built-in music player (Minitunes) and even an image viewer - these (as well as the CD/DVD burning features) are called "Sapplications", which are basically plugins, so it might get more of these in the future.
- Burn, copy and erase optical disks
- Works on CDs, DVDs and BluRays
- Shows all informations of your Optical Discs and Devices before the process starts
- Queuing overlapping processes
- Mount/Unmount CD/DVD Images (.iso, .nrg, .bin, .mdf and .img files)
- CD/DVD Images Manager (Silicon Library)
- Drag and drop support
- Copy all or only a part of the optical disks
The UI looks very interesting: it comes with effects and theme support and the "Sapplications" open as tabs, with the top right menu changing dinamically, depending on the Sapplication you use. So if you like pretty-looking applications, give Silicon Empire a try!
Download Silicon Empire - for now, only Ubuntu .deb and source files are available, but Windows, MacOSX and other Linux distributions binaries will be available in the future.
Thanks to Mahdi for the tip!