Rapid Photo Downloader is an application for downloading photos from digital cameras, memory cards and portable storage devices.
- configurable file/folder names
- download photos and videos from multiple devices in the same time
- backup photos/videos as they are downloaded
- very hight speed download
- supported RAW image formats: ARW, CR2, CRW, DCR, DNG, MEF, MOS, MRW, NEF, ORF, PEF, RAF, RAW, RW2, SR2, and SRW
- supported video formats: 3GP, AVI, M2T, MOV, MP4, MPEG, MPG, MOD, and TOD
Rapid Photo Downloader 0.4.0 was released a few days ago, getting a new, cleaner user interface. The new version is also a lot faster, making use of multi-core systems to download and backup photos and videos. Damon Lynch, the Rapid Photo Downloader developer says the Rapid Photo Downloader is about 12.5x faster than Shotwell and 2.5 times faster than F-Spot.
Whether you download thousands of photos every week, or your needs are more modest, Rapid Photo Downloader can make your photographic workflow more reliable and efficient. It is an essential tool for the discerning photographer.
- Damon Lynch
Install Rapid Photo Downloader 0.4.0 in Ubuntu
To add the Rapid Photo Downloader PPA and install the latest 0.4.0 in Ubuntu 11.10, 11.04, 10.10 or 10.04, use the commands below:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dlynch3/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install rapid-photo-downloader
Download Rapid Photo Downloader for other Linux distributions.
Thanks to Damon Lynch for the tip and all the info!