* To be able to install the themes in this post, you'll firstly have to add the WebUpd8 themes PPA using the following command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/themes && sudo apt-get update
If you've already added the WebUpd8 Ubuntu Themes PPA, make sure you run "sudo apt-get update" to be able to install the new packages / updates presented in this post.
Minty Freshness got an update, bringing an optional dark panel as well as many other improvements. Here's the complete changelog for the latest 0.6.5 version:
- Panel improvements
- Addition of a dark panel (replace 'include "Styles/panel.rc"' with 'include "Styles/panel-dark.rc"' in the gtkrc)
- Nautilus elementary mode button redesigned
- GtkScale slider is now round with all versions of murrine
- Banshee toolbar fixes for newer versions (1.8 >=)
- Banshee and synaptic button fixes now work for newer versions
- GtkComboEntry no longer renders a grey line in the right side in non gtk applications
- Scrollbars now have up and down arrows on non gtk applications
- New style for statusbar on non gtk applications
Thanks to Skies Of Azel for the info!
To get a dark panel, press ALT + F2 and enter:
gksu gedit /usr/share/themes/Minty-Freshness/gtk-2.0/gtkrc
Then on line 371, replace:
Save the file, apply a different theme and then switch back to Minty Freshness to see the changes.
Install Minty Freshness from the WebUpd8 themes PPA using the following command (make sure you've added the PPA firstly as stated in the beginning of the post):
sudo apt-get install minty-freshness-theme
New themes in the WebUpd8 themes PPA
All the WoW themes (it's just one theme but it comes with quite a few variations) were uploaded soon after announcing the WebUpd8 themes PPA and today I've added more themes based on your suggestions:
Divergence IV: A New Hope
* Divergence IV "A New Hope" - available for Ubuntu 10.10 and 11.04 only! Install the GTK theme using the following command:
sudo apt-get install divergence-iv-gtk-theme
There is also a package providing the Divergence IV Emerald decorations. Install it using:
sudo apt-get install divergence-iv-emerald-decorators
Once installed, you'll be able to tweak Divergence IV A New Hope GTK theme by going to System > Preferences > Divergence IV: A New Hope Settings Manager.
Victory GTK theme
* Victory GTK theme - a very customizable theme - available for Ubuntu 10.04, 10.10 and 11.04. Install it using the following command:
sudo apt-get install victory-gtk-theme
Buuf Icon theme
* Buuf icon theme - available for Ubuntu 10.04, 10.10 and 11.04. Install it using the following command:
sudo apt-get install buuf-icon-theme
Want a theme in the WebUpd8 Themes PPA? Suggest it in the comments!
Divergence IV: A New Hope, Victory and Buuf screenshot credits: their original authors (see links above).