Good news for all the Orta fans: a new version of this beautiful theme has been released today with a new Nautilus Elementary style (configurable from the Orta Settings Manager) as well as many bug fixes. Here is the changelog for the latest Orta 1.4.0:
- New Nautilus Elementary breadcrumbs style
- The round emerald decorator now has a default layout variant
- Keyboard layout switcher text color on dark panel fixed
- Shadows on system monitor applet removed
- System menu icon size set to 16x16
- Nautilus Backgrounds & Emblems dialog fixed
- Nautilus Elementary zoom slider fixed
- Nautilus Elementary breadcrumbs now have a prelight state
- Fixes for: Gimp, Inkscape, Synaptic, Shotwell, Ubuntu Tweak
- Entry, ComboEntry and SpinButton fixes
- Inactive/disabled item images are now transparent
- Xfce4-panel monitor progressbars now respect the plugin colors
Install Orta in Ubuntu:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nikount/orta-desktop sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install orta-theme
Besides the Orta theme package (which will automatically install Orta Settings Manager), there are 2 more packages available in the PPA:
* Orta Emerald decorations - which you can install running the following command:
sudo apt-get install orta-emerald-decorators
* Orta Xfwm4 decorators - install it using the following command:
sudo apt-get install orta-xfwm4-decorators
Once installed, don't forget that you can further customize Orta by by going to System > Preferences > Orta Settings Manager.
If you're not using Ubuntu, download Orta from DeviantArt.
Atolm, another theme created by SkiesOfAzel (who is also behind Orta) has also been updated, getting Xfwm and Emerald decorators. Further more, Atolm is now available in the same PPA as Orta.
Atolm 0.7.5 changelog:
- Squared Metacity decorator added.
- Xfwm4 normal and squared decorators added.
- Emerald decorator added.
- Text color of the contact name on the pidgin messaging window fixed.
- Text color of the JDownloader exit dialog and progressbars fixed.
- Text visibility of titles and quotes with lLiferea fixed.
- Firefox entry dark text on dark color bug on some sites fixed.
Before installing Atolm, make sure you have the latest Equinox GTK engine:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tiheum/equinox sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install gtk2-engines-equinox
To install Atolm, use the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nikount/orta-desktop sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install atolm-theme
In the PPA there are also packages for an Emerald and Xfce Atolm themes:
* install Atolm Emerald decorations:
sudo apt-get install atolm-emerald-decorators
* install Atolm Xfwm4 decorations:
sudo apt-get install atolm-xfwm4-decorators
If you are not using Ubuntu, download Atolm from DeviantArt.