gThumb is an image viewer / photo manager for GNOME. It includes options to edit photos, transfer photos from digital cameras, upload photos to websites such as Facebook, PicasaWeb, Photobucket, or Flickr and so on.
Quick update: gThumb 2.12.2 has been released last night and as usual, it's available in our gThumb PPA as well as the main WebUpd8 PPA.
gThumb 2.12.2 is a bug-fix release only. Here is the changelog:
- Correctly activate the default extensions when started the first time
- Enable building with exiv2-0.21
- Launch a single instance of Gimp when opening many files at once
- Fixed folder renaming
- Fixed search in catalogs not ginving any result
- Fixed crash on thumbnail generation
- Web Albums: update the file info when scaling the original image
- New or updated application translations: Basque (Iñaki Larrañaga Murgoitio), German (Mario Blättermann), Japanese (Takeshi AIHANA), Russian (Yuri Myasoedov)
To install gThumb 2.12.2 in Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx or 10.10 Maverick Meerkat, use the following commands in a terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/gthumb sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install gthumb
Alternatively, you can also install the latest gThumb from the main WebUpd8 PPA.