Window Applets is a package that comes with two Gnome panel applets: Window Title and Window Buttons which are basically controls for windows that are placed on the Panel instead of the window. They provide a clever way to increase vertical screen space.
New features / changes in Window Applets 0.2.10:
- Disabled applet hiding by default (it was causing confusion with new users)
- Added option to override button orientation (automatic/default, horizontal and vertical)
- Added option to reverse button order
- Updated themes: Ambiance-Maverick, Radiance-Maverick (thank you Cierreics)
- Saturate title icon and darken text on inactive
- Select a more apropriate non-custom title text color
- Added options to set both active and inactive font/color
- Added experimental option to show window action menu on title right click. Warning: Overrides applet menu over title.
To install Window Applets 0.2.10 in Ubuntu, you can use the WebUpd8 PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8 sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install gnome-window-applets
Then, right click the Gnome Panel, select "Add to panel" and add "Window Title" and "Window Buttons".