Gnome Subtitles is a subtitle editor for the GNOME desktop. It supports the most common text-based subtitle formats and allows for subtitle editing, translation and synchronization.
Gnome Subtitles 1.1 has been released yesterday and as usual, we've uploaded the new version to the main WebUpd8 PPA.
New features in Gnome Subtitles 1.1:
- New feature for quickly setting times with a single button: pressing sets the start time, releasing sets the end time, then moves to the next subtitle
- Periodically backup subtitle files, configurable in the preferences
- New features for video seeking and subtitle selection:
- Video->Loop Selection - loop the video playback to the selected subtitles
- Video->Seek to Selection - seek the video to the selected subtitle
- Video->Select Nearest Subtitle - select the subtitle for the video position
- Video->Auto Select Subtitle - auto select subtitles as the video is playing
To install Gnome Subtitles 1.1 in Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx and 10.10 Maverick Meerkat, use the following commands (will also add the WebUpd8 main PPA):
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8 sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install gnome-subtitles