GLX Dock (Cairo Dock) 2.2 Released With A Panel Mode, Multiple Instances Support, MeMenu, Messaging Menu And Lots More
Cairo Dock - also known as GLX Dock - version 2.2 has finally been released! We already posted about most of the new stuff in GLX Dock 2.2 when we wrote about the beta version, but here's a small recap:
- panel mode
- 2 new autohide modes (hide whenever the dock overlaps the active window" and "hide whenever the dock overlaps any window")
- icons can be displayed when the dock is hidden
- integration of the Me Menu and Messaging Menu applets
- run multiple instances of Glx Dock
- better support for old graphic cards
- new default theme to match the Ubuntu Ambiance / Radiance themes and new wallpaper
- other small enhancements: all the themes have been polished, you can now manage tasks in the Clock's calendar, use tiny URLs in the Drop-and-Share applet, the Dustbin applet handles all the drives and many more.
Here is another screenshot, provided by Fabounet in which you can see the panel mode / multiple GLX Dock instances, the MeMenu and Messaging Menu:
And of course, a video with Cairo Dock 2.2 in action (Cairo Dock in the video is the beta version but there haven't been many changes since then):
(make sure you watch it in HD - it plays in HTML5 if you've enabled it on YouTube!)
Install Glx Dock (Cairo Dock) 2.2 in Ubuntu
To install Glx Dock in Ubuntu, open a terminal and paste the following commands:
sudo -v echo "deb http://repository.glx-dock.org/ubuntu $(lsb_release -sc) cairo-dock" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list wget -q http://repository.glx-dock.org/cairo-dock.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add - sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install cairo-dock cairo-dock-plug-ins
Glx Dock will also be available in Ubuntu 10.10 official repositories soon (currently it's RC1).
Thanks to Fabounet for the second screenshot!