We've backported the latest Rhythmbox version from Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat to Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx. The new version comes with bug fixes as well as a new feature: the play button now changes to pause and stop when needed.
To upgrade to the latest Rhythmbox in Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx, use the following commands in a terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/rhythmbox sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade
Remember: don't report any bugs you may encounter here! The Rhythmbox package is identical to the one in Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat so report the bugs on Launchpad!
Jupiter is an GNOME applet that can be used to switch between maximum and high performance and power saving mode, change the resolution and orientation, enable or disable the bluetooth, touchpad, WiFi and so on. It works for both netbooks and laptops.
Today we've updated the PPA to the latest Jupiter version which comes with a lot of fixes. There have been 3 versions released since we last updated the PPA (sorry about that, we'll now update it regularly) which bring fixes to the WiFi toggle, internationalization support, updated notifications and others.
To install the latest Jupiter in Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala, 10.04 Lucid Lynx or 10.10 Maverick Meerkat, use the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/jupiter sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install jupiter
To also install Jupiter Eee support (for EeePC netbooks only which includes Super Hybrid Engine support):
sudo apt-get install jupiter-support-eee
DockBarX 0.39.7 was released more than a week ago and you could already install it in Ubuntu Lucid from its official PPA, but we've uploaded Karmic and Maverick packages too in the WebUpd8 PPA.
DockBarX 0.39.7 comes with some cool new features such as:
- Multiple monitor support: Option to only show windows that is on the current monitor (see advanced tab in preference).
- Popups for group buttons without open windows is not shown anymore, instead there is an option in preference dialog to show tooltips for group buttons without windows.
- The group button menu pops up next to the group button instead of poping up at the mouse pointer.
- DockbarX might be slightly faster and use a little bit less memory in certain situations.
- Popup windows closes when you click outside them or after a delay (600 ms).
- A shorter delay is used when a popup window is open and you move the mouse to another group button to open a new popup window. The delay can be set from the preference dialog.
- Popup windows are closed when a group button action is executed (exceptions are 'show popup' and 'select next/previous window').
- Popup windows can be closed when a window button is clicked. You can set the option from the window button tab in the preference dialog.
- The minimize target (the area a window minimizes to) is now always the group button.
Install the latest DockBarX 0.39.7 in Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala, 10.04 Lucid Lynx or 10.10 Maverick Meerkat:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8 sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install dockbarx
To also install the AWN applet:
sudo apt-get install awn-applet-dockbarx
And to also install some extra themes:
sudo apt-get install dockbarx-themes-extra