VLC 1.1.1 was released 2 days ago, this version bringing only minor tweaks and fixes for Linux users and GPU decoding for ATI users (Windows).
Changes in VLC 1.1.1:
- Multiple libVLC improvements and fixes
- Windows video output fixes
- DxVA2 decoding on ATI GPU, with Catalyst 10.7
- Multiple fixes for interfaces
- Various decoders and demuxers fixes
- Updated translations
- Various crashes and errors fixed
As usual, Christoph Korn has updated his PPA with the latest VLC 1.1.1 so Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx users can upgrade to the latest version using these commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:c-korn/vlc sudo apt-get update
Then either install VLC 1.1.1:
sudo apt-get install vlc mozilla-plugin-vlc
Or upgrade from older versions:
sudo apt-get upgrade
Important note: the VLC packages in this PPA are not compiled with VAAPI support, meaning you won't get GPU decoding!
Download VLC 1.1.1 for other Linux distributions, Windows and Mac OSX.