Rhythmbox 0.13.0 "Albatross" has been released yesterday. I've uploaded it to our Rhythmbox backports PPA immediately but only now the package was build (hate you, Launchpad!) so you can install it in Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx.
New in Rhythmbox 0.13.0 (since 0.12.8 stable):
- Improved GStreamer codec installation
- New metadata fields: comment, BPM, Album artist
- MMS and RTSP streams should work properly now
- Always visible on startup when started manually
- New implementation of the MPRIS D-Bus interface spec
- Creates nested folders on MTP devices
- Installs header, VAPI and pkg-config files for external plugins
- DAAP plugin now uses libdmapsharing*
- Library, playlist and podcast syncing for media players
- Fixed interaction with Brasero for CD burning
- New application icon
- Displays HTML podcast episode descriptions using WebKit
- Updates for Magnatune's new purchase process
- A LOT of bugs fixed which you can see here.
*Important: because the DAAP plugin now uses libdmapsharing which is not available in the Ubuntu and Debian repositories, the plugin does not work for now, but libdmapsharing will probably be available soon!
Install Rhythmbox 0.13.0 in Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/rhythmbox && sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install rhythmbox