Exaile is a lightweight music player for the GNOME desktop but which also works great in XFCE or LXDE.
Version 0.3.2 RC1 has just been released and since the Exaile developer says:
It should be stable enough for normal use, and we’ll follow it with the final version shortly.
... I decided to upload it to the WebUpd8 PPA.
Changes in Exaile 0.3.2 release candidate 1:
- Improved support for covers embedded in ogg and flac files
- Gapless playback by default (via playbin2)
- Many dialogs replaced with gtk InfoBars
- Preference items that require a restart now prompt for it
- Vastly improved lyricsviewer plugin
- Drag and drop on the main cover display to set and retrieve covers
- Track counts in collection panel
- New tooltip for tray icon and minimode that displays cover and progress
- Custom playback sink support
- Display cover art when dragging from side panels
- Read-only support for Matroska tags
Install Exaile 0.3.2 RC1 In Ubuntu
To install Exaile 0.3.2 RC1 in Ubuntu (9.10, 10.04 or 10.10), paste this in a terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8 && sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install exaile