We just blogged about the 0 A.D. - an Age of Empires like game - a few days ago, telling you the first alpha will be released in July. Well, pre-alpha2 has just been released so the game should now be somewhat more playable.
New in 0 A.D. pre-alpha 2:
- Added new unit movement system, for precise pathfinding and obstacle avoidance.
- Added training queues in buildings.
- Added units to the minimap.
- Added initial audio integration with gameplay code.
- Gameplay fixes in projectile models and population bonuses.
- Graphics fixes in unit outline shapes and animation synchronisation.
- For modders and developers: Added automatic RNG validation of entity template XML files; Added documentation of entity template XML file format.
- Fixed compatibility bugs with Windows x64 and with OS X.