Ever since the Opera team started working on the new Opera 10.50 / 10.51, there were no .deb or .rpm packages but this finally changed and you can now install Opera 10.50/10.51 in Debian (and derivates like Ubuntu, etc.), Fedora, openSUSE and so on using .deb and .rpm packages.
The new build basically doesn't bring anything new other than native packages for the above mentioned Linux distributions.
- Packaging: No desktop integration for users of old Desktop Environments on non deb/rpm distros
- Packaging: Extra unneeded GTK libraries get installed on some distros
- Packaging: Removal of 'prefix'/'DESTDIR' install script options
- Font problems
- Language input issues
- No KDE integration (yet)
- Problem with address field drop down position under non compositing Window Managers
- Black drop down menus for some KDE3 users
- Black border around Ctrl+Tab dialog when running under compositing Window Managers
- Some command line options don't work
Remember: Opera 10.51 for Linux is still alpha!
Download Opera 10.51 build 62.52 .deb, .rpm and .tar.gz.
Update: get the latest version from HERE (10.52 alpha).