BleachBit quickly frees disk space, removes hidden junk, and easily guards your privacy. Erase cache, delete cookies, clear Internet history, remove unused localizations, shred logs, and delete temporary files. Designed for Linux and Windows systems, it wipes clean over 50 applications including Firefox, Internet Explorer, Flash, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari, Adobe Reader, APT, and more.
Beyond simply deleting files, BleachBit includes advanced features such as shredding files to prevent recovery, wiping free disk space to hide traces of files deleted by other applications, and vacuuming Firefox to make it faster.
It works on both Windows and Linux, it's open source and now portable.
- Simple operation: read the descriptions, check the boxes you want, click preview, and click delete.
- Free of adware, spyware, and malware
- Translated to 32 languages: Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Spanish, Thai and Turkish.
- Shred files to hide their contents and prevent data recovery
- Shred any file (such as a spreadsheet on your desktop)
- Overwrite free disk space to hide previously deleted files
- Command line interface for scripting and automation
- CleanerML allows anyone to write a new cleaner using XML
- Frequent software updates with new features
- Fedora 11
- Microsoft Windows .exe installer
- Microsoft Windows portable .zip
- Ubuntu 9.04
- Ubuntu 9.10
- Source code
More info about BleachBit 0.6.5 beta.