System tools included
- GNU Parted creates, resizes, moves, copies partitions, and filesystems (and more).
- GParted GUI implementation using the GNU Parted library.
- Partimage popular opensource disk image software which works at the disk block level
- FSArchiver flexible archiver that can be used as both system and data recovery software
- File systems tools (for Linux and Windows filesystems): format, resize, and debug an existing partition of a hard disk
- Ntfs3g: enables read/write access to MS Windows NTFS partitions.
- sfdisk saves / restores partition table (and more).
- Test-disk tool to check and undelete partition, supports reiserfs, ntfs, fat32, ext2/3 and many others
- Memtest+ to test the memory of your computer (first thing to test when you have a crash or unexpected problems)
- Network tools (Samba, NFS, ping, nslookup, ...) to backup your data across the network
Browse the short system tools page for more details about the most important software included.
Browse the detailed package list for a full list of the packages.
The latest version, 1.2.3 was released just a few days ago and among the changes are:
o Updated the alternative kernels to Linux-184.108.40.206
o Updated sys-fs/e2fsprogs to 1.41.8 (ext2/ext3/ext4 filesystem tools)
o Updated app-arch/dump to 0.4b42 (better support for ext4)
o Updated sys-fs/ntfs3g to version 2009.4.4-AR16 (ntfs-3g advanced release)
o Added missing firmwares (package sys-kernel/linux-firmware)
o Initial support for sys-block/partclone-0.1.1
o Updated sys-block/gparted to 0.4.6
o Updated sys-apps/parted to 1.9.0
SystemRescueCd is very easy to use. Just download the ISO file, and burn it. Under Linux, you just need cdrecord, and you can use Nero under Windows. When the CD-ROM is burned, you can boot it.
Info on how to use SystemRescueCD on a USB stick | Download SystemRescueCd